Sideways hula dance
Still feels pretty strange to call myself Dad, or a father, or a papa, or El Goapo. But it is funny how quickly it felt real that I am one of those things. That part feels great, just not the title. Does that make sense?
This pretty well sums Isla up
Isla really is pretty easy, as babies go. And she certainly is "Very Advanced!", as my mom said. Clio is doing quite well in her new role as, well, a dog. A friend pointed out recently that, "there is nothing like a baby to put a dog in perspective". She is still the worlds best dog, but, very clearly now, a dog none the less.
Granny
Sleep is settling out, and the weather is getting much better, (ominously so for non-creationists like ourselves), so we are able to take more and more excursions. I am desperate to spend more time out doors with the bean. Back in January Merry said that it was the first time that southern California had made any sense to her, but only a little.
Grandpa Billy
I was very glad to have members of my family come visit over the last few weeks. It made it all new again for me to see the looks of shock and wonder on everyone's faces upon seeing Isla for the first time, as if they had been a little skeptical that I really had had a baby, and that she is in fact cuter than in the pictures. I know now, I am always going to enjoy showing off my little girl.
Ilsa's bad habit of jumping on me from behind and biting my hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment